A while back I was nominated for the Liebster Award, an award acknowledging bloggers and helping readers find new bloggers.
Well, I’ve been nominated again! 🙂 Thanks Laurie aka Better Late Than Never! (Check out her page–she rocks!)
The Rules for the Liebster Award:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to nominate.
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify them of their nomination.
Here are the questions I have to answer:
1. What inspired you to start writing/blogging?
My answer to this is similar to when I was asked the first time I was nominated for this award. I love running and I love writing. I’m an English teacher so I think it’s just a natural thing for me to love 🙂
I like Laurie’s answer to this question. Like her, I didn’t start this blog to amass followers or make a business out of it. I love being able to look back on how I felt about things–certain runs, certain races, goals I had/have–things like that. I think a lot when I run so this was also a good place for me to put those thoughts 🙂
Finally, my BRF Salt inspired me. She was a blogger before she had her running blog and always had to good things to say about having a place for your thoughts and “meeting” people with similar thoughts and interests.
2. What is your favorite trick to staying healthy on the go?
Well, those of you who have been reading my stuff for a while know I’m not the healthiest person/runner out there. I guess my only positive healthy thing I do is when I go to restaurants I order water instead of a soft drink or juice or tea. It lets me better enjoy my meal and saves me a few bucks too.
I also take a bottle of water whenever I leave the house. Helps curb hunger cravings when I might not really be hungry and if I’m thirsty I’ll have that instead of getting a Big Gulp (which is always what I really want).
3. Mountains or oceans? Summer or winter? Why?
I live in Arizona so I love my mountains. Plus, I’ve never been a fan of large bodies of water. I don’t like not knowing what my feet are touching.
Summer. I don’t do cold very well and would much rather deal with my 120 degree summers than a polar vortex any day.
4. What is your favorite “clean” treat? Link to a recipe.
5. Name three things you cannot live without.
Well, I won’t include people since the task says things….hmmmm
My phone. Really so that I can call my mom and not so much for the social media connection of it.
My closet. I love my closet and everything in it.
Coke. I probably could live without it but it’d be a hard knock life for sure.
6. What is your favorite workout and/or body part to work out?
Fave workout, running 🙂 Body part, I’d have to say abs. I actually like working my core and think it’s cool how strengthening it helps out with so many things.
7. Is blogging your profession? If not, what do you do outside the blogosphere?
Right now, I’m a stay at home mom but I’ll be returning to teaching in the fall. I teach high school English. I love my job and am very exciting to go back after taking a year off.
8. Name three guilty pleasure books, T.V. shows, and/or movies that you’re sorry not sorry you like.
I looove watching Dancing With The Stars. I get said when there are rumors the show will get canceled 😦
I subscribe to quite a few girly fashion magazines–Vogue, InStyle, Elle are my faves..
This wasn’t part of the question but I’ve never seen Star Wars and I’m sorry not sorry that I have no desire to ever watch it.
9. What advice would you give your eighteen year old self?
Try hard in school–you’ll actually miss it when you’re older.
I wish I could go back and take some of the classes I took in college over. I’d really read the stuff and not just pan over it. And I’m sure I’d have a lot more to say about things now than I did back then.
10. Five things that make you the happiest.
These are the blogs I’m nominating (I’m being a rebel and nominating 6). Check them out!
Here are your questions!
1. When people ask you, “Why do you like running?” How do you respond?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
3. Someone received an award they cheated to get. Do you notify someone or keep quiet?
4. What’s your favorite food?
5. Do you speak any other language besides English? If not, what language would you like to learn?
6. The Voice or American Idol? (or none)
7. What is the last book you read?
8. If you could time travel, would you go the past or future?
9. What are you most looking forward to this year?
10. What is your favorite holiday?
–Join in and answer one of the questions above!
–Reading any cool blogs? Tell me!!