I’m linking up again with the girls from the DC Trifecta Cynthia, Mar, and Courtney for the weekly Friday Five–today’s theme, 5 Things About Me . (And if you want a double dose of Helly, I’m also a guest at my friend Jana’s blog, Running Vegetarian!)
Okay, let’s see…
1. Word Nerd Alert! I briefly noted in one of the aforementioned posts that I used to read the dictionary. When I was around 10, my grandpa gave me a really cool, old, hardcover dictionary that I thought was awesome. So I carried it around with me everywhere with a notebook where I’d write down words that interested me. I don’t why, but I thought this was fun and didn’t think it was weird at all.
I got to the letter ‘L’, and fittingly, to the word “lackadaisical” when I stopped.
2. I was a pregnant prom queen. Let me explain lol! I was chosen by my students two years ago for faculty prom queen. I also happened to be 7 months pregnant!
3. I knew I was going to marry my husband before we even dated. We were friends in high school but never dated. I always thought he was cute and all around the perfect guy though. I found out near the end of our senior year that we were going to the same college so in his yearbook I wrote that if he wasn’t married in 10 years, that we were going to get married. We started dating our sophomore year and got married in 2005. It only took 7 years after I wrote that note 🙂
4. *Peanut butter disgusts me. I can’t even smell it. Eating it makes me nauseated and I just tell people I’m allergic to it so that they can keep it away from me. (Sorry, Amber! Can we still be friends??)
5. I once walked into burglars stealing stuff from my house. I was in high school coming home from basketball practice. It was late and my mom wasn’t home. I didn’t hear anything walking up but as soon as I unlocked the door and walked inside, two guys went running out the back door! It was so freaky and for a second I had no idea what to do. This was pre everyone having a cell phone so I had to use our house phone to call 911 and the phone line was dead!! I ended up running to a friend’s house to call the police.
How about you? Any random things about yourself you’d like to share? Do you abhor peanut butter like I do or have walked into people stealing things from your house?
Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Are you racing or long running? Let me know!
*This was a repeat but I feel so strongly about it, it was worth another spot on the list.